Saturday, February 27, 2010

Method 10

Method 10

This took much longer than an hour. I kept wandering off and reading different topics of interest, and having to pull myself back on track. I added some of these with information on teens, teen readers, programming for teens, etc. to my bookmarks so that I can do some further reading.
I created a login and a comment under favorite music, favorite movies and finally, favorite blog.
I thought that these were interesting. I have created pages and sent to teachers for them to use when doing research with their students. Last week, one of the 6th grade teachers gave me the topics that his students would be doing research on. I created a Word document with the three databases that I felt would be most useful, log in information, and links to articles on the topics that his students were researching. This would be ideal to set up as a wiki. He and the other 6th grade teachers could add articles that they felt were relevant, other websites, etc. Then it could be updated easily by any of them at any time. Next year, any one of us could edit and update the links.

Also, the ELA teachers in my district are teaching a different novel each six weeks. We could set up wikis for each of these novels and add links to related materials. If I run across something, I could go to the appropriate wiki and add in a link. I wouldn't have to worry about emailing it to them to see if it is something that they could use. The next time they viewed the page, the links would be there and they could see who added them.

No comments:

Post a Comment